Language Transcription: Definition
In a simple definition, language transcription refers to the process of transferring what is spoken into written format.
In fact, transcribing audio or video contents is important for businesses, since they cannot make any decision simply from spoken language.
Transcription is important due to various reasons. Even in a single country, there may be many different dialects and accents, which not everybody may understand.
Transcription helps in addressing unfamiliar accents and inflections.
However, the most important point of language transcription services is that they can help in getting to the points.
Transcription is a tool that a business can use to make important decisions.
Transcriptions remove audible distractions or background sounds that may interfere with the process in understanding contents of the spoken language.
Language Transcription: Recommended Software
In the modern world, technology offers huge help for individuals as well as corporations in making decisions from audio or video contents.
The transcription agency may use automated software to make the process of transcribing audio and video contents easier and faster.
The right software significantly cuts the time it takes to convert the audio contents into written form. The question is, “Which automated software to use?”
There may be hundreds of software apps available on the internet. Some of them are available for free, but some are paid software apps with advanced features.
The following are recommended software for language transcription, as cited from fair online forum reviews:
This program is helpful for annotating speech signals in a manual way. A number of great tools are available.
For instance, there is a user-friendly Graphical User Interface (GUI), which allows the users to segment long-duration audio contents into several parts, transcribe them and give labels to speech turns or changes of topics.
The application was originally developed for the speech research community. However, the app is also helpful in other conditions. The following are some features of TranscribeAG:
- Ability to ready many kinds of audio and video formats. The app is supported by sophisticated import libraries like FFmpeg;
- Ability to handle long files, even up to several hours;
- Synchronized playback;
- Segmentation of audio contents into several layers (sentence, section, speech turn) as well as background conditions;
- Creation and modification of temporal anchors in an easy way;
- Ability to import old file formats, like TRS;
- Enhancing signal outputs, like tempo and pitch variations, to make it easier for the user in annotating the audio contents.
Some foreign language transcription services use this software app to facilitate in transcribing the audio or video contents.
The app is also popular among podcasters, lawyers, students, and even professional transcriptionists around the world.
This app allows them to transcribe audio contents into a much effortless way.
Transcribe is much helpful in transcribing interviews, speeches, lectures, audio notes, podcasts, and many other kinds of recorded audio contents.
Compared to TranscriberAG, Transcribe works in an automated way. It helps the users in the following ways:
- Converting audio to text in an automatic way. The app works by reducing background noise to provide clear audio. This process takes only a few minutes.
- Making use of fast and accurate dictation. You can use the app to convert your speech into text automatically. What you need to do is just put on your headphones, slow it down, and speak out what you hear. The dictation engine converts your speech even faster than typing.
- Supporting a number of languages, such as English, French, Spanish, Hindi, and other languages in Europe and Asia.
- Slowing down the audio and transcribing it faster, thanks to the support of integrated player and editor.
Language Transcription: Problems with Software
There are many other automated software apps to help in transcribing audio contents into text. The technology is improving.
Giant technology companies like Google and Apple are at the front line for such technology. However, there are few, if any, applications that can deliver ready-to-use transcription text.
The existing technology is still limited by several factors, such as failure to identify variations in accents and dialects.
To provide high-accuracy results, the language transcription agency is still assisted by transcription specialists. They help in several ways, including:
- Proofreading the transcription texts. They work to eliminate errors and typos, punctuations, use of words, terms, and many more;
- Verifying accuracy of the transcription texts in terms of unfamiliar terminology, jargon, and so on;
- Listening to background sounds that may bring about certain meanings like gestures, motion, emotions, and so on.
Overall, transcription software is helpful enough for quick results.
The application works automatically to transcribe the audio into text. It cuts the time required for the process. However, the transcription texts need verification.
This is particularly true for documents that will be used for formal meetings, such as decision-making process, stakeholders’ meeting, directors’ meeting, and so on.